Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently considering buying a GTR. I'm after a sport-tour with the emphasis on tour. My current ride is a ZZR1400 but I just cant get on with th ergos, especially the reach to the bars and the distance between seat and peg (I feel cramped).

I've slowly but surely being trying to convert the big ZZ into a tourer but finally come to the conclusion that I may as well just buy one and be done with it! :scared

Few questions for you new owners out there :mfclap

* Whats the fuel range? (Bit concerning the tank is only 22litres and my ZZ doesnt do 150 before i'm looking for fuel)

* Is the peg to seat distance better than the ZZR? I'm guessing I will have to find this out for myself.

* Does the engine have decent low rpm torque? My ZZR doesn't really start moving until 4.5k..... but then its like a Saturn 5 rocket :evil

I've also been looking at the RT/GT from BMW. GT is a similar bike but goddam its expensive. The RT.... well I cant possibly be that old yet :rofl

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Mike,

I believe that the BMW 1200 GT comes with Pipe and Slippers as standard!:rotflmao

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just purchased some Klan heated gloves on Ebay and I haven't even got the bike yet!:rolleyes

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Mike as far as the feul goes in the city 300 kms on the highway 400 after 1500km breakin period and of course you take it easy.The seating positionis very good for me I am 6'0 inseam 32". Yes it has great bottom end especially whenyou are carring a passenger you really don"t notice that their there. The power start"s at a about 2000 then pulls real hard around 4000 right through to 9500. Hope that has helped you in some way.

P.S. I have test riden the ST 1300, FJR, BMW 1200 GT and the Triumph Sprint ST 1050i and in my opinion the Concours 14 {GTR 1400) is a far superior bike in all ways, Kawasaki has hit the nail on the head. Itr will only get better as the break in continues.

Daka

1 - 5 of 5 Posts