Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps thought id come on here see what's going in the ZX world. My name is Harry I've been the proud owner of a 1990 ZXR750H2 Green/white and blue for the past 24 years about 5 years ago I completed a full nut and bolt rebuild which I did upload onto another site Kawasakiownersclub but unfortunately the site shut down, I did have the full rebuild listed 33000 views with over 330 threads showing a step by step picture by picture of the restoration. A dude call Jez Kane a writer for Practical Sports Bikes wrote a piece on owner rebuilds which I was chosen to be included which for me was a very proud moment :) here's my pride and joy

·
Registered
465 Posts
It’s an absolute beauty Harry. It’s also on YouTube under Harry smith if you don’t mind me sending people that way to check some of your videos with it in there. Your ducati is also on the cool side.

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s an absolute beauty Harry. It’s also on YouTube under Harry smith if you don’t mind me sending people that way to check some of your videos with it in there. Your ducati is also on the cool side.
Cheers Honda434 I do not mind in the slightest always good to have more checking out the old YouTube channel ;):cool: but don't know where the Ducati is never owned one lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sorry about the ducati. I follow your channel and another guy with same looking bike that has a ducati also. My bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very original and beautiful bike, Harry. And you have kept it so many years! I had a Laverda RGS 1000 Corsa for 20 years, but sold it to a friend. I have always loved Kawasakis, other Japanese brands are not as interesting.
I have just bought the same model as your H2 but not as original as yours.

Cheers,
Tommi

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very original and beautiful bike, Harry. And you have kept it so many years! I had a Laverda RGS 1000 Corsa for 20 years, but sold it to a friend. I have always loved Kawasakis, other Japanese brands are not as interesting.
I have just bought the same model as your H2 but not as original as yours.

Cheers,
Tommi
Hi Tommi the mods on mine are small the thing is I wanted to keep to the stock look as close as possible so the mods are subtle full micron headers with SP Race can, K&N filter the carb main jets are upped from 128 to 130s colour of the plugs are spot on, changed the shock to a Hagon which has massively changed the notorious hard back end last mod I've put a 15 tooth engine sprocket. Tyres are now the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT did have the Michelin Macadam the 2CTs are utterly brilliant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So you changed a smaller engine sprocket? The result? Faster acceleration? Or why did you decide to do it? Are the carbs 36mm in both models H1 and H2? How do I know for sure that my bike is a H2? What serialnumbers are for each year models? Answer might be somewhere in this forum but I thought you might know... ;)

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you changed a smaller engine sprocket? The result? Faster acceleration? Or why did you decide to do it? Are the carbs 36mm in both models H1 and H2? How do I know for sure that my bike is a H2? What serialnumbers are for each year models? Answer might be somewhere in this forum but I thought you might know... ;)
The smaller 15 tooth will give better acceleration theses day here in the UK too many cameras watching. The carbs on the H1 are 36mm the H2 are 38mm. The differences are visually swingarms the H1 has a boxed brace one the H2 isnt braced and slightly oval in shape the radiators are different H1 is rectangular H2 is a curved rad the oil filters H1 cartridge screwed to the oil cooler H2 is paper inside the sump with a stand alone oil cooling rad, the fairing the H2 has a blue decal above the headlights the H1 is plain paint, the Kawasaki decal on the lower fairing the H2 is slightly higher the top corner is below the indicators. Engine is basically an old GPX750 the H1 is not too far off the same engine. The H2 as above goes from 36mm to 38mm carbs the cams on the H2 are upgraded. I think that it. ;)(y)

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the H1 see the swingarm is box section the Kawasaki decal is under the the indicator.

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for explaining main differences between H1 andH2.
I found some sites that have tech specs and even Haynes manual in pdf-format.
Bikeswiki say that a ”full power version” of H-model has 118hp!

The H1 /H2 have had around 105/6 bhp the K and M are around the 121bhp basically from the K1 the power creeps up above the 120 bhp I use this site for good data Motorcycle Specifications ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now I finally spotted the differences between H1 and H2. The lower fairing graphics and swingarm.
Also I noticed that H1 seems to have black mirror frame and H2 have green ones. Is this official factory issue or just random cases in some pics?

·
Registered
ZXR750H2
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now I finally spotted the differences between H1 and H2. The lower fairing graphics and swingarm.
Also I noticed that H1 seems to have black mirror frame and H2 have green ones. Is this official factory issue or just random cases in some pics?
Never noticed the mirror difference and just done a Google picture search and yes now I notice on the H1 pics the mirrors are all black H2's are green 🙄 just looked up the part numbers and yes the H1 are listed as Ebony the H2's are F- red or Green you live and learn (y) ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts