Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
looking for some help with my new bike, 92zx7R
Bought it from a guy who has not started the bike in six years. Changed the fuel, plugs, oil and antifreeze...will not fire!! it does not seem to have spark, or as far as i can tell!! Any ideas?

Would anyone happen to have a manual, or a link to one?

thanks in advance

Luke

·
Registered
35 Posts
try cleaning the carbs, replace the jets and check or if not replace all the old hoses, make sure they are not clogged. hope that helps:headscratch

·
Registered
236 Posts
try cleaning the carbs, replace the jets and check or if not replace all the old hoses, make sure they are not clogged. hope that helps:headscratch
+1 CLEAN THE CARBS & CHANGE THE FUEL FILTER

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all,

so what about spark, i have none??? How do i test the cdi/igniter, coils? I don't have a manual so i am in need of help!!

thanks
Luke

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey man replace the plugs regardless, them just hold the plug up to some stell and look again for spark. check all coil connections, look for cracks in ANY wire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would check the stator (you can check each field with a ohmeter). I'm not sure offhand, maybe check the manual for specs ( I would STRONGLY reccomend buying a factory manual- they are all over ebay for 20 bucks or less- it will be needed) But if you have an open one, you know its bad. It seems that is a common problem, and my experience that even when people say they just "stopped" riding something and put it in storage, in reality it probably stopped running and they didnt fix it, then blame it on the "carbs". My zx7r has an aftermarket ignition on it for that exact reason...Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same bike and have the repair manual. Let me know what your specific ?'s are. Is there power to the starting system, is there power at the coil, to the lights turn on??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem. 1992 zx-7r. does not crank. changed the starter relay... it cranked 2 times and it died. I jmped it and it turns over... have a charred connector coming off of the alternator...I have an unknown wiring harness, it looks like an h2. checked for spark... nothing. the coils are only getting 9.6v with the key on. I am losing my mind. help. ~mac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts