Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I've been loitering around here for about a fortnight so I figured I should sign up.

I've got a 06 ZX14 Candy Blue I think is the colour.
Has Akrapovic Sp Titanium Slip Ons, MRA Screen, Ventura Rack and Grab Rail and Center Stand Kit.
About to receive a Ti Force hi-mount (standard outlet) full system, PCV & Auto Tune cleared customs yesterday:)
Going to lose the rack and grab rail and center stand and Akra.
Considering a BMC Air Filter, just got the bike serviced though and they put a new oem one in cost about the same as a BMC, lol, is the BMC really required or does the oem flow enough?
I'll probably get the suspension sorted in the near future.

If anyone is feeling generous I'll be on the lookout for a map to suit.
Flies are in but they're coming out when everything else goes on.

I had a look over at bikeland they seem very drag oriented though, so this is where I signed up.

I've only put a few hundred km on it so far came with 28000ish km.

Just curious when do most people have the valves clearances checked?

Don't want to throw much more money at it as I've got a ZRX1200S that needs some more money :)

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
Keep the centerstand. It's as handy on the pockets on a shirt.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Welcome to the zxf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hammerhead, I realise it's useful, but I think I like the look without, if I was travelling any great distance I may reinstall it.

Thanks 185EZ.

Cheers iron8.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
hello and welcome buddy. i have been running a bmc race filter for a while. some will say stock is enough flow, but i love the sound of my intake since i switched the filter. the only down fall to most aftermarket filters is the maintenance. i clean it like every 1000 miles or so it never get real dirty, but it is almost i can tell a difference in throttle response when it is time for cleaning

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ezmport.
I can imagine the sound :)
When I picked up the bike the guy had done minimal servicing on it so I booked it in for a service.
They showed me the filter they changed out, it was putrid, and the former owner called himself a mechanic....
Anyway after I picked it up the first time I opened it up it sounded angry real angry.... I'm gonna have to get a BMC. You twisted my arm.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Thanks ezmport.
I can imagine the sound :)
When I picked up the bike the guy had done minimal servicing on it so I booked it in for a service.
They showed me the filter they changed out, it was putrid, and the former owner called himself a mechanic....
Anyway after I picked it up the first time I opened it up it sounded angry real angry.... I'm gonna have to get a BMC. You twisted my arm.
good deal buddy, you won't be sorry on the sound. if you get tucked real tight on that tank when rolling man can you hear the howling in there. i can even hear it when i am not tucked tight too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
welcome. Interested in the ventura rack if you want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for a custom map contact Jeffo at faic - http://www.faic.cc/index1.html, can't beat price or service. Welcome to the madness.
Cheers ZuluNinja,
I just had a chat to Jeffo, amazing hey, I put in a request for a map and within a few hours had an email back with his number, called him up had a chat about what to do with the bike how to run it etc.
Got off the phone sent some paypal money and now just have to wait for a while.

Why is this so amazing? I live in Australia and one thing I can say is that customer service here is shit, if there was anyone actually doing this service here they would take a week to reply and then another week to supply the service and they'd charge you your first child for the privledge of dealing with them, this is all assuming they even got back to you in the first place.

So anyway thumbs up to Jeffo :crazyloco

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
+3 on keeping the center stand. Makes servicing the chain and cleaning the wheels a breeze. Makes working on or cleaning just about anything a breeze, actually. It's like a built in rear stand without spending the money or carrying a giant wishbone around. It also allows you to take up less space when you park/store it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi everyone.
I've been loitering around here for about a fortnight so I figured I should sign up.

I've got a 06 ZX14 Candy Blue I think is the colour.
Has Akrapovic Sp Titanium Slip Ons, MRA Screen, Ventura Rack and Grab Rail and Center Stand Kit.
About to receive a Ti Force hi-mount (standard outlet) full system, PCV & Auto Tune cleared customs yesterday:)
Going to lose the rack and grab rail and center stand and Akra.
Considering a BMC Air Filter, just got the bike serviced though and they put a new oem one in cost about the same as a BMC, lol, is the BMC really required or does the oem flow enough?
I'll probably get the suspension sorted in the near future.

If anyone is feeling generous I'll be on the lookout for a map to suit.
Flies are in but they're coming out when everything else goes on.

I had a look over at bikeland they seem very drag oriented though, so this is where I signed up.

I've only put a few hundred km on it so far came with 28000ish km.

Just curious when do most people have the valves clearances checked?

Don't want to throw much more money at it as I've got a ZRX1200S that needs some more money :)
I just did the valves at 20K miles. By the way, your stock bike is a monster, it only needs a C-stand, which you got and frame sliders. Take it through 6th at red line and see if you need more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts