Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyyyy soo I just got 2002 zx9 with 14555 engine starter knocking I was advice to just swap engine because is cheaper but I rather keep it everything original sooo I just send to do the whole engine for $3500 so now I have a 2002 body with a 2019 motor sooooo I was told to drive it like it just came out the dealer for 500 miles than oil change do another 500 miles than I can hit it
I’m here on my 600 miles ready for oil change should I used kawi oil or motul??? How much oil should I get and also after post break in how often should I get oil changes

·
6,578 Posts
Heyyyy soo I just got 2002 zx9 with 14555 engine starter knocking I was advice to just swap engine because is cheaper but I rather keep it everything original sooo I just send to do the whole engine for $3500 so now I have a 2002 body with a 2019 motor sooooo I was told to drive it like it just came out the dealer for 500 miles than oil change do another 500 miles than I can hit it
I’m here on my 600 miles ready for oil change should I used kawi oil or motul??? How much oil should I get and also after post break in how often should I get oil changes
I prefer to use Dino oil for the first couple thousand miles on a new clutch. Both oil brands are good if you keep up on change intervals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of dyno there had no motul so I had to buy premium wich my mecanic said he used when he did my engine either way is done and is running preettty good

·
6,578 Posts
Sorry, dino meaning standard motorcycle oil (non-synthetic). Dino - short for dinosaur

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooooowwww jajajajajajaaaa now I know need to get a little update and I’m not sure if it was synthetic but I’m goin to check

1 - 5 of 5 Posts