Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up guys. Thanks for having me. I am from Reading P.A.36, male.lol. I have loved Ninja's for as long as I can remember. About two weeks ago, finally got my 1st bike. It's an 86 Ninja 600. I absolutely love it. I even got it really cheap because it needed some love. it still does. I have done a lot of work on cars. Never anything inside the engine though.
This one seems to have the "Kawasaki tick". to me it sounded like a car needing oil. So I changed the oil and filter. Watched endless videos that said different things like reset chain tensioner. (which I am still trying to figure out how to do). Or exhaust, not right piston hight. along with all kinds of other stuff. Any insight would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello and welcome!

It's probably just the normal ticking that Kawasaki's have. The cam chain tensioner is automatic. You shouldn't really need to "reset" it. You could post a video of the "noise" so we can hear it and maybe be able to tell you if it's normal or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.