Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't had a motorbike in nearly 2 years since i crashed my beloved zx6r F3
After that i moved into cars and settled on a little MX5 ive been playing with for a nearly a year now. Till someone crashed into the back of me!

So.. i thought i would buy two new bikes! yay for me. Got myself a nice project bike for the winter.
A nice little 636 A1p.
Crashed with mostly cosmetic damage.

I have ALWAYS wanted a 636 and intend on spending a few pennies getting her all done up. So i will be bugging you guys more often than not for advice and opinions.

Don't let me down :p

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First update. Bike has been stripped down. apart from wheels and engine etc. This is because my a frame stands havent come yet. Just waiting for those!

removing the undertray was a night mare - i had to cut it in the end.

Also.. the 03 04 headers will be here in a few days yay!
Just trying to haggle a good deal with a chap regarding his 05 06 rear end configuartion :D

Also.. trying to make up my mind if i want to powder coat the frame black or red.... What do you guys think?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a great deal on rear swing, shock + linkages, wheel, tyre, rotors and crank, brake bracket for £250. Bargain!

Should make most of that back selling my old parts too. yay! :crazyloco

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
that poor thing :[

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just put on the new rear end

Just to check it all fit together fine.
Going to drop the engine out tomorrow and get the forks off. Will get the frame and swing arm ready for powder coating and will hopefully get it that done closer to the end of december. Decided to go with metallic red!
Can't wait to get the parts back and start building her back up bit by bit!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I would go with gloss black frame.

Welcome....

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Just put on the new rear end

Just to check it all fit together fine.
Going to drop the engine out tomorrow and get the forks off. Will get the frame and swing arm ready for powder coating and will hopefully get it that done closer to the end of december. Decided to go with metallic red!
Can't wait to get the parts back and start building her back up bit by bit!
Make sure to take lots of pictures. We have a couple cuties on here that work on their own bikes. Looking good so far

1 - 20 of 27 Posts