Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i a proud new owner of zx 10 r up graded from the 6 and wow u can just feel the power even thoug i havent hit it that hard and i only got 64 k on it now:crazyloco so guys the question is how did u break ur bike in and what do u think the best way to break it in is?

thanks for ur input sorry if i put this in the wrong spot

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum. To be honest i asked the samething. I was told ride it as if it was already broke in. I'm at 1,600 miles and no problems. I got my first service done at 640 miles.:smile

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you wanna keep your bike for a while follow the owners manual. If you want max output and you are only planning on keeping the bike for a few years, then 20 miles then oil change aaand theeen, ride it like you stole it!!! :)))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all ur input guys the more personal experiences for u guys means more knowledge for us:D adn so far omfg i love this bike as soon as i started it up and drove it down the street i was in awe of its low end as i was sticking to the suggested below 4000 rpm guide . i respect this bike more than my father cus i know what my dad can do as for this bike i have no idea yet lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well there is contrary evidence/school of thought out there. Read, and enjoy!

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

motoman hard break in is the way i broke mine in. but it was brand new when i picked it up. waited for the tech to do what they do to the bike. started the bike with .3 miles on it. i had a 30 mile ride home and a pretty clear freeway to do the hard break. i brought the oil and filter 2 weeks in advance when i got home changed the oil and rode it as i normally do now. 4423 miles later and the bike is still running great with no problems. but i didn't really start riding real hard until about 300 miles......................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts