Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I just took my 06 zx636 out of storage and went on a ride today. On my way home, I was overtaking someone and at about 70MPH , the bike started hesitating, and wouldnt go about 75. On the highway, I tried again, and with the throttle pinned open, the bike was not going above 78 and it was hesitating. I stopped at the local store and poured some ISO heat in the tank. When I stored the bike, I put fuel stabilizer in the tank, but when I went to ride today, I forgot to put the ISO heat in the tank before leaving. After putting the ISO heat in, I drove home about 35 miles, and it maybe helped a little bit with the hesitation, but it still does it, and it still wont let me go above 80. When i got home, i put it iin neutral, tried again, and the RPM would not go above 13k, even with the throttle wide open.

I changed my spark plugs before i put the bike in storage, they only have about 500-700 miels on them. Same with a new airfilter. THe battery has about 3k miles on it, but it started the bike right up, and ive kept it indoors and periodically charged it with a tender throughout winter.

Im thinking either the fuel injectors need to be cleaned, or bad plugs, or maybe some hose came lose but other than that IDK. Maybe i need to ride it a little bit longer for the ISO heat to work its magic on the fuel injectors? I rode about 200 miles today, if that makes a difference, so it should have pretty much new gas in it. Any ideas? Thanks!

**EDIT*** Nm was just a kinked fuel line

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
fuel filter

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
The fuel pump filter is clocked up. I had the same problem with mine! Let me know if you want another pump, I have one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts