Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Blainethemono ................It is rewarding. But then the help provided becomes a selfish act. Helping someone else to make yourself feel good.
"there is no such thing as a selfless act" This Philosophical statement always messed with my mind.
Because its true.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Meanwhile, on ZXFORUMS, three bikes were not fixed due to lack of accurate responses, and therefore the owners have to take them to Mechanics.
Conclusion; Fixing bikes online for free has a clear and direct negative impact on Mechanics/small business.
So, is it the right thing to do or not?
In other words, is getting a rush from helping someone; only to hurt another, good or bad Karma?

·
Administrator
58,494 Posts
If that were the case then I hurt a lot of businesses in town when I went and replaced my buddies battery on his 14 or when i went to the neighbors to fix a leak so they wouldn't have to call a plumber or when I installed a ceiling fan or when I changed the oil on my daughter's car or I did the drive service on my boat

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, you are correct. ...Triple A never got called, Joe's plumbing got shafted, Ricky's maintenance missed the ceiling fan gig, and Billy's Marine Service was pissed.
So although the impact was minimal, you can bet that if everyone in town was as skilled as you, there would be no need for businesses at all.
grin

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Well to each their own. Good to have a mature discussion. Of course i rescue and help my fellow man.
I just think ill take a break from helping people who dont deserve to be helped and ponder the questions posed for a while.
One last question Ninjanut; Will the next 200 customers who enter your business have their bikes repaired for free?
Because you cant stand on both sides of a fence.

Cheers.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
So its ok to repair the vehicles of other potential customers of businesses that ARE NOT yours, but you dont want to repair your OWN customers vehicles for free.
INTERDASTING. No further questions your Honor.
( I missed my calling to become a high level attorney)
lul
(nijanut deleted all his posts!)
LMAO

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes, That is my style in a debate or philosophical discussion. I lure my opponent or debate associate into a trap by having them make a concrete statement, and then I expose the statement as either false, hypocritical,contradictory,emotional...ETC.
I usually get banned after that because someones feelings get hurt and they want it to stop.
So anyway, nothing to see here folks.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Please reread the thread to confirm,
I clearly stated opponent OR debate associate. You chose "opponent" to focus on.
The false statements are as follows;
1. Ninjanut/ "But going with your belief, that is bad because you’re taking someone’s job"
I never stated anything was "bad", I merely present the fact of impact to small business. Nor did I present any belief, only asked if the question presented was true. And then proved it to be true.
2. Ninjanut/." As EZ gave his examples which you also thought was wrong."
I never stated anything was" wrong" , again merely proving a fact of impact to business.

The contradictory and hypocritical statement reads as follows;
"Sorry, I personally will help people because it is the right thing to do."
The statement becomes contradictory and hypocritical when you believe "its the right thing to do"
As long as it doesn't not effect you.
See how simple this is?
In other words you feel its ok to fix vehicles for free as long as they are not coming to your place of business to have them repaired, and the impact doesn't not affect you, only others.
Classic Capitalism. I can respect that.

The emotional statement reads as follows;
"Be careful with your feet on both sides of the fence, a guy could end up hurting himself. And by the way, no feeling(s) (sp)* hurt as I can discuss without name calling, belittling, getting banned.."
The statement comes across as projecting/ passive aggressive veiled threat to the reader.

Cheers

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Im having some hesitation with my zx12 at 4000 rpm.
I refuse to help myself by using google.
I am a first time poster and dont plan on coming back or even letting you know you helped.
who is my next sucker?
VS.
Hello, my name is Blah and i have been lurking for some time. I know this is the only place I can go for help. I have Googled my problem for days and cant seem to find an answer to my problem. I realized there may be some expert on here that could help and I would appreciate it.
My problem is:
Blah

21 - 40 of 63 Posts