Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I was riding to work yesterday and realize that my 11 is making a slight buzzing sound, sounded like loose inner bodywork. I tried putting my hand on different pieces and no luck. Once I get there I give it the once over and realize its my gauge package. Completely broke the mounts that secure it.:banghead

Has anyone else had this problem? It looks as though there were defects in the paint at the place where the brackets are welded to the tubular subframe. I think a combination of rust and long term vibration wore them out.

If anybody on here has any suggestions on how to fix this (I am thinking I will have to have the brackets welded back on) please post up.

btw, I have just shy of 50,000 miles on this bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
its really common for this bike. i have been lucky 52K and not broken yet. just like already said... weld it up with a couple more brackets

·
Registered
46 Posts
you said the gauge cluster mount broke? Send it to me and I will weld it for you. I wont even charge you. It blows.. I got a 94 ZX11 as well. I can just mock it up on my bike and zap it together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts