Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a while since i was on here but now i ran into a wall and im trying to find a way over it.

i recently found a bike (more of a pile of parts) that i want to pick up to fix and ride. problem is that it has passed several owners without a title. i am going to run the vin and see if it has ever been reported stolen or held on lien tomorrow but i didnt know if the was some sort of "assembled from parts" tittle in missouri. keep in mind that this is literally a pile of some parts and i will have to buy the rest elsewhere.

can i get a builders title or something or will i just be screwed if i buy it

thanks in advance

·
Registered
841 Posts
if the bike was last titled in the state that you are in, you may be able to get a replacement title. If the bike was titled in a different state you may be SOL unless you can track down the last previous title holder.

I don't think you would be able to go to the DMV with a bill of sale and receive a new title.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand that but what i am looking at is that like i said, there is god only knows how many owners since the title was lost. i cant afford to build a track bike. this is going to be just a rider. i plan on bobbing it out like crazy. i am going to run the vin through my dispatch today but getting it legal is what has me worried

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im thinking about havin my mother-in-law title it in OK and then switching it to mo but i dont know how well that will work. i know in GA they dont even use the titles just a bill of sale. missouri has to have the title but i didnt know if someone might know how to go about getting a builders title or like an "assembled from parts" title

1 - 6 of 6 Posts