Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 zzr600 that ive had for almost a year and i went to go start it yesterday and the battery is totally dead, prob because i haven't started it in like 2 weeks. so i bought a trickle charger, but i can't find the battery. lol. its not in the storage compartment under the back seat. i see a box that looks like a battery box under the main seat but have no idea how to take the seat off in order to get to the battery? is there an easy way to do it, because it looks like i would have to take off the side fairings in order to get to it and thats just ridiculous to get to the battery i think. i must be doing something wrong. can anyone help?

·
Registered
582 Posts
With my ZX636 '06 I have to remove the rear seat via key and then undo bolts on the side to get the front seat off to get at the battery. With the older G2 I had there was a bracket at the rear of the front seat. When remove you could slip the front seat back.

gammac

·
Registered
19 Posts
you will need to take off the rear seat. In front of the glove box is a 10mm bolt. take this out the bracket will come out this releases the back of the seat. i recomend taking out the two side screws to the rear fairing(under the front seat) with the rear released you can slide it up and back, taking out the side makes it easy. the batt. is under the front seat. Take only a couple minuets. hope this helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats weird it died in only 2 weeks? I've gone a month without starting my bikes before and never even a wimper... I would check the water levels and do a load test.. might have a bad cell

Dirty

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have to agree with the above. It sounds very odd that your battery would discharge in two weeks. I think you going to find you need more than just a charge.

So when you went to turn on the bike you got nothing? No lights, nothing on the instrument cluster? Or was the problem that you got nothing when you hit the starter button?

·
Registered
582 Posts
How old is the battery? On my old '99 G2 it failed to start when the temperature was 45 F (cranked over but no spark) but after lunch when the temperature was 70 F it fired up perfectly. Checked the battery voltage next morning and it was dropping to 6 - 7 volts while cranking which I judged wasn't enough to fire the CDI. New battery solve the problem.

gammac

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have a 2007 zzr600 that ive had for almost a year and i went to go start it yesterday and the battery is totally dead, prob because i haven't started it in like 2 weeks. so i bought a trickle charger, but i can't find the battery. lol. its not in the storage compartment under the back seat. i see a box that looks like a battery box under the main seat but have no idea how to take the seat off in order to get to the battery? is there an easy way to do it, because it looks like i would have to take off the side fairings in order to get to it and thats just ridiculous to get to the battery i think. i must be doing something wrong. can anyone help?
Hey... I wanna know where your getting a 2007 bike that early in 2006? This is may... so ... anyway I had to wait for a lot longer than that before my dealer got them.
Goog luck on the battery..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts