Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 636 and it will not start. when i push the starter all i hear is buzzing noise under the seat. i checked my connections and everything seems tight. I dont know were to go from here.

·
Registered
990 Posts
On most Kwaks there is a fuse next to the solenoid, check that is okay & also that all connections between battery, solenoid & starter are clean & tight

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah I didnt really think of the fuse because he said he heard a buzzing so I figured it was making a connection through the fuse. But if all the wiring is tight and the fuse isnt blown.......bad solenoid or starter???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my buddy told me to bumb start it and it tried to kick over but died. after that my guage lights went out then came back on very dim and blinking. is there an easier way to get to my battery than trough my tank?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah I didnt really think of the fuse because he said he heard a buzzing so I figured it was making a connection through the fuse. But if all the wiring is tight and the fuse isnt blown.......bad solenoid or starter???
Had a prob on my 500 where the fuse was badly corroded & was not making good contact, which made starting a bit erratic.

If the battery is okay & you don't mind sparks flying the solenoid can be bypassed by a suitable piece of wire or similar to test everything else is working, wear gloves, etc....

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it's the 2006 model don't you still have factory warranty? Take it back to the shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts