Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have bridgstone tires on my bike now. When I got the bike the front tire was flat (nail) so the guy replaced it , so I have 1 sumner on the front one and it looks llike new. The back :headscratch not so good, I see guys on here talk about Michelins and how good they are SO I want one . The ? is it a big deal if I have a bridgstone on the front and a michelin on the back?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Maybe.... the general rule is to keep em matched because one brand may be taller or shorter than the other giving you some handling problems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
as TMP mentioned and as i learned as well. best to keep the tire brands matched. i went thru the same tire issue back when i had my ZX7. dunlop front and michelin rear. i can say from experience handling was a problem for me. was lucky enough to find a very good deal on a battleaxe set for my ZX7. thank the tire gods for that sweet deal.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah.... go with another bridgestone or swap out both, don't compromise your safety. I have heard good things about bridgestones, ride the treads off them this summer and then get whatever you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just do it.... Summer is right around the corner. Plus that one doesn't have much life left and is in danger of all types of catastrophic failures!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey man...i know you already got an answer but the most important thing to think about is traction.

the michelin pilot powers are a much better tire than the bt014 bridgestones...sooo if you dont match performance it can matter a lot...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts