Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1993 zx11 that is leaking oil and its only at the bottom of this hose that comes out of oil pan going up been trying to figure out if it is hose or something else.i really could use some help on the technaical name of hose so i can order it and hoping for some advice on what else it could be that is making it leak i have layed the bike down by mistakes due to dumb drivers

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
i have a 1993 zx11 that is leaking oil and its only at the bottom of this hose that comes out of oil pan going up been trying to figure out if it is hose or something else.i really could use some help on the technaical name of hose so i can order it and hoping for some advice on what else it could be that is making it leak i have layed the bike down by mistakes due to dumb drivers
A Photo or 2 would help but is sounds like an Oil Cooler Pipe.
Pic is definitely needed. Parts fiche for the oil pan doesn't have it listed. So it's labeled under something else. @Blainethemono do you have any idea what this hose is?

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
clean the entire area very well then run the motor to locate the exact spot of the leak

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Been trying to track down one myself, & I think I narrowed it down to the Counter sprocket seal.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Second question, 1993 is the year there were C and D models, do you know which one?

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Not familiar with C models but the D model has two hoses that go to the oil cooler and the end of one is toward the front and doubled up on a third hose that goes to the bottom of the pan. As suggested above, clean thoroughly and check. They are all banjo bolts so crush washers should be easy to replace. Also, the leak could be the oil cooler and running down the hose?
Organism Rectangle Slope Line Font

1 - 8 of 8 Posts