Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry

Well today I tried to take the rear wheel off to have the tire changed. I don't have rear wheel spools but I work at an industrial supply company so decided to Just put a bolt in there. I have a 05 zx6r and read that it needs an m10. But it looks like it won't go in. I was using a standard metric course thread m10. Does it require a different thread type? I know it won't be fine. It felt like it was going in but it got very hard to turn and I didn't want to strip or ruin the threads in the swing arm. I thought that maybe it was dirty inside the hole and that's why I felt the resistance. Any ideas?

Thanks

Fizz

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
probably dirty, try and clean it out first IMO. I know it is am M10, since almost all kawis are (cept I think the 7 and 14).

I think it is just your standard thread though.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Thanks for posting the solution, not enough people do that.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I found out that it in fact an m10 fine thread. Its not standard corse.
Where did you get the fine thread bolts at? I need a few of them for my fairings. And the local hardware store didn't have what I needed

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know Home Depot and Lowes carry metric bolts in varying sizes, although their metric selection often seems to be limited as compared to standard.

Not only is the bolt diameter important (M8, M10, etc), but you also need to know the pitch (1.25 for example). Without a pitch gauge, the best thing I can suggest is bring a bolt (or nut) that you know works with you to the store, and then thread it in (on) the display to find the correct pitch. Once you determine that you can pick the correct hardware you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts