Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 91 zx1100. It only has 5k on it. I rode it a couple times short distances without any problems. It runs like new, but then it died on me while I was coming to a stop and had no juice to start back up. I changed the battery and it started, but after a few minutes, I shut it off and it was dead. I figured it was the alternator after that, so I bought an alt. off of ebay..it was from a 96 zx1100..it is the same part number 21001-1104..looks the same. I put it in myself, but I am no mechanic. It started up and the same thing, I ran it for about 5 minutes and shut it off, and it had no juice to start back up. Lights came on, but it had a clicking noise when i tried to restart it. I noticed there was dried grease on the alt I bought, and the one I took off...is there supposed to be a gasket or grease that goes on when you put the a new alt. on? This has me really upset and any info would be appreciated. Thanx in advance

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would pick up a shop manual, preferrably a Kawi manual. It has alot of troubleshooting procedues and tests you can perform. I have one for each of my bikes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts