Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello at ZXForums, glad i found this place :)

Im about to buy a 1995 zx750r also known as the L model.
It has a 1996 zx9r engine in it that runs more or less fine.
It doesnt stutter, doesnt shoot out of the exhaust it just performs really poorly.
After doing some inspection at the location the connection from the airbox too the karb's are more or less home made, so the karbs dont get enough or too little air.
Also the engine had a little too much oil in it, like 250 ml.

I told him he should try and fix it and i know they changed sparks, configured karbs and valves.

I can get it really cheap and it is so BEAUTIFUL almost looks new perhaps better.

Im just hoping that going to a guy i know which has tons of spareparts for all zx models that fitting the right connection and ensuring it gets enough air would fix the problem.

Hope you guys got some input.
Sorry for my inadequate English.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
welcome to the forums. That connection is an important one. Unless the guy you know has the proper parts to make it right I'd steer away and find something else. There are plenty of people on here that can go much more in depth on how easy or hard it would be to fix the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome :)

He does have the parts both for the zx 750r 1995 and the zx9r 1996.
But i guess the question i would have to ask on these forus would be which airbox and so on should be used for the zx9r engine, im thinking they might have been trying to use the zx750r one instead of getting a zx9r one.

I can get the parts more or less free :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts