Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 06 ... did some modifications over the winter. one was a billet oil pump cover. found my clutch wouldn't release when i took it out the other day. clutch lever felt fine. could feel the pressure plate. releasing ... no air etc. took apart and found with the pressure plate removed. i couldn't move the bike in gear (trying to roll forward/back) long story short. found that when the clutch hub nut tightened it would essentially lock the basket and the hub together. even with no plates/steels installed the hub won't spin.
took apart and found installed correctly . the main bearing washer with bevel facing outward, basket with cage bearing/sleeve, clutch hub then two washers with the last washer saying (outward ) as it's supposed too. if the clutch hub nut is tightened to 100 pound it always locks the hub and basket. anyone have any idea's ? anyone ever install a pump cover and have this issue? wondering the extra thickness is causing the basket to not seat all the way inbound? THANKS FOR READING.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
might have discovered the problem.. re-using the clutch hub nut. it's crimped on one end. having been "opened" up when installed the first time i might be getting an improper torque reading ? if i don't ratchet down on the nut everything operates as it should.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts