Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i have a 2010 1400gtr and seem to have the front brake problem it seems to grab then let go then grab again and doses this more the harder
you put the front brake on i have bled the brakes a few times but dose not help any one that can point me in the right direction thank anthony

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like the rotor(s) is/are warped. It will cause a pulsating in the brake lever. The harder you squeeze, the more noticeable it will be. The faster you are moving, the more rapid the pulsating will be.

Later, Doug

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Try cleaning and freeing the rotor buttons before you scrap your rotors.

That having been said, yours is a big, heavy machine (especially when ridden two-up) and those can be hard on front brakes. Whatever the actual issue turns out to be, after the fix, avoid holding the front brake at stops, particularly when the brakes have been heated from a bit of hard use; the heat concentrated at one spot, insulated by the pads, can warp thin modern bike rotors.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
This bike is now 11 years old. You’ve bled the brake fluid but when was the last time it was completely flushed? How often has it been flushed? Is/was there any residue in the reservoir?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts