Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything off except the axel bolt, i cant find anyplace that has anything big enough. Does anyone know the sizes on each side and where to buy the the tools to remove it? Any tricks?

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Any bike shop should have the tool you'll need to take the axle off with. I think it's like a 22mm allen though..

·
Registered
205 Posts
The first time i removed my front wheel there were no bike shops open and I couldn't find an allen big enough to fit. So i made this...

Its a 22mm bolt with 2 nuts on the end. tighten the 2 nuts together and use the inner one to torque on. I think i got the idea from someone on the forum if i remember right.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yeah I did the same thing for my 12mm axle and it didn't work LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
I have everything off except the axel bolt, i cant find anyplace that has anything big enough. Does anyone know the sizes on each side and where to buy the the tools to remove it? Any tricks?
I live 30-40 miles South of you and I'm willing to help you out with anything that stumps you. If you need the help. Competition Accessories and Vista Kawasaki should have the tool you need. I know Vista does but they're located in Kettering off Wilmington Pike. Comp should have it but I don't know for sure. I haven't been there for awhile.

This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1ad69077&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
205 Posts
oh, believe me, it didn't work first try. there was some trial and error and a couple bloody knuckles, but i got it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts