1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
nup .... sorry

·
Registered
379 Posts
Anything can be done with enough time and money. According to an agent this side and a Kawasaki god this side of the world, he says that there are huge amounts of dif on all the wires and even the pick up. You would also have to probably change the casing on the cluster as it is a bigger size.

If you have a faulty cluster and need to replace it then rather get the correct one but if you just want to do it because it will be different then my man you looking at some serious time and cash

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I replaced the gauges because I did the 99 to 00 front fairing and headlight swap. The 99 gauges would not mount up correctly and they also blocked me from turning all the way even if a made a mounting bracket. This is all because the new front end is smaller. The gauge swap I am talking about was actually very easy once I found the pinouts to the plug. I did the mod last night and everything works great and my new gaugeshave 5000 less miles :) If anyone is interested in doing this mod then hereis the forum thread that helped me through it...they even tell you how to go from analog gauges to the digital that come on newer zx-10s if you want, but i hear that gauge is know to be hard to read.

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59252

I'll post before and after pics once im done if you guys are interested in seeing it

·
Registered
379 Posts
Glad you got that one because here in SA i dont think there is any person who knows any of that. I must say though that in this country there are very few people who would do that because a set of clocks will set you back about $1000 at least

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i picked these gauges up on ebay for around 60 bux shipped. there is a small crack in the mph gauge, but works great. now that i know it will work i may buy some nicer looking gauges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.