Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a bike for a friend it is a 1995 ZX GPz 1100 it needed a new clutch so I ordered a EBC complete clutch kit part# SRK25. I got the kit and everything EXCEPT the friction plates fit the ears/tabs are to wide on the new kit they are approximately 16.3mm wide on the new kit and the old ones are just a hair over 14mm. My first assumption is that either it was mis-packaging or the previous owner changed the clutch basket. I called EBC to find out what the measurment is supposed to be and they told me 16.3 so i know I have the right friction plates for the kit. Now the problem is how do I find out what friction plates I need to put in there? I know that I have the model number and year right on the bike and the motor in the bike is a zx1100 motor. The current owner has not done anything to the motor besides common maintenance. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have Kawasaki ZRX's and the tabs are 14mm. When I look in Ron Ayers Motor Sports fiche file the GPZ uses the same clutches as the 11 Ninja which are different than the ZRX.

The ZRX and 11 Ninja clutch baskets will not interchange because of different gear pitch between the basket gear and crank gear. I believe the inside teeth of the fibers are the same so they would still slide on the inner hub.

I know this does not help and I cannot find anything on google to give me clutch measurements

1 - 2 of 2 Posts