Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i baught a 636 withought talking to insurance(stupid me).their rates on ss bikes are from something like 400cc to 600 cc and 601 cc to 700 cc.after 600 the rates really jump.Do you think id have a chance of fooling my insurance company by saying its a zx6rr (599cc) and not a zx6r (636cc)???95% of people dont even know the diference.even when they run the vin,theyl prob get confused and ask if its an rr or 636,and then il just say "zx6rr,what the hell are you talking about?"or something like that.......um yeah any ideas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would agree with the vin giving it away, but both of my bikes I was asked what cc motor was in it even after the vin was given. In fact I wasn't sure the exact cc size so they had me call the dealership to get the exact ccs. So hell why not try and say that is what I thought, they should know, right?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Insurance rates don't really jump because of the size of the engine. There are many factors they use to determine rates. type of coverage, type of bike, location of bike and where it is ridden, age and sex of the rider. I ride a ZX9R in upstate NY and only pay $168 for a full year of coverage. It only jumped $9 from when i was riding a 600. :crazyloco

·
Registered
288 Posts
Insurance rates don't really jump because of the size of the engine. There are many factors they use to determine rates. type of coverage, type of bike, location of bike and where it is ridden, age and sex of the rider. I ride a ZX9R in upstate NY and only pay $168 for a full year of coverage. It only jumped $9 from when i was riding a 600. :crazyloco
+1
some will also rate you according to your credit rating.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you try that and they catch you out, your stuffed in more ways than one. You will battle to get ins again as they log it and all ins companies will know what you tried and if you do manage to get away with it and you bin the bike, they wont pay and then your stuffed even more as it is then fraud and you can be arrested for that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just suck it up and pay for the insurance without trying to defraud your insurance company. Or you could save yourself the headache and sell the bike. My thinkinng is if you want to play then you have to pay!!!!! :crazyloco

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would agree with the rest. You might fool the agent but if you ever need to make a claim if you crash then they can refuse to pay. You buy insurance for piece of mind. Why set yourself up for worrying about whether your insurance will pay or not when you need it most?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm thinking you should try it. No, seriously. Do it. Then report back when you need to file a claim and let us all know what happened. We'll be needing a good laugh in a couple weeks anyways...

squid...

·
Registered
300 Posts
First, if you can't afford the insurance, how did you get the bike?

Second, how old are you? I'm 25 and my bike insurance is a third the price of my car.

Third, if you're as young as you sound maybe you should ask mommy if you can play with the big kids...

Fourth, while I don't care either way, putting "bud" on your interests will not endear you to most of us. Riding under the influence of any substance is STUPID. Sell the bike and get a rice-rocket. At least your insurance will be cheaper...

Just my unwanted opinions...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts