Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 zx7r
Ill start with i have looked at the wire diagram and i dont see the wires im trying to identify.

Near ther battery i have 2 wires that arent plugged into anything. there both female connectors with thick clear plastic/rubber on them. One is black/yellow which im pretty sure is the ground. the other is a white/blue wire. the two wires were tucked under the harness on the right side of the bike near the battery.

any one know what those wires are for?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Those are labeled as "Electric Accessory Leads"

B/Y is ground
W/L (L stands or Blue) ties into the accessory fuse

Josh

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Why so smart? :)
According to some "people" here, I am a complete idiot that contributes nothing to the forum.

I figured I better post something productive for once.

Josh

Actually I had my repair manual already handy looking at the headlight schematic for a 96+ bike...

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Because he probably has a manual, like I do, and he probably has seen this question asked 100 times.

Before I had looked at the manual I didn't know what those were either, then I asked on here before I found my book again (misplaced it for a couple days).

You aren't the first to ask lol

On a related note, if you take a standard hardware store size "yellow" ring terminal, squeeze the sides just a little bit, and open the terminals in there just a hair they plug in very nicely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that color wiring diagram is a work of art. much easier to follow than the black and white one i was working off of. is there a site online i can get other diagrams like that?

so the accessory wires was that for a factory option or was it just a convient place to plug in an aftermarket accessory?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That's a good diagram that shows those bastard relays inside the fuse box...

Josh

·
Registered
257 Posts
Wow that color wiring diagram is a work of art. much easier to follow than the black and white one i was working off of. is there a site online i can get other diagrams like that?

so the accessory wires was that for a factory option or was it just a convient place to plug in an aftermarket accessory?
That's a good diagram that shows those bastard relays inside the fuse box...

Josh
A guy on kf posted the diagram and I copied it, it's much better than the black&white diagram in my manual.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Thats the exact same diagram that is in my haynes manual.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
A guy on kf posted the diagram and I copied it, it's much better than the black&white diagram in my manual.
I saw that... Thats the reason I had my diagrams handy when this thread popped up.

My Clymers is alright and I have a PDF that is slightly better, but in color is pretty bad ass.

Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts