Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up i wanna know about rearsets so people who have rearsets tell me your pros and cons. Also make sure you let me know how much you paid, and why you choose the sets you have. Im thinking the satos or the gilles tho they all look sick but I dont really know to much about them. thanks:crazyloco

·
Registered
144 Posts
These are the sexiest by far. But they are expensive since they are Italian and there's only one importer (that I've been able to find).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wasn't my intention. It's a Rizoma rearset. You can visit rizoma.com to look at them. The importer is pjsparts.com. I got quoted $489. Better? :p

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a set of rearset raisers from a guy who makes them and sells them at Kawiforums. They move the rearsets an inch up and an inch back (non-adjustable). They basically come with everything you need, and cost $70 shipped. I did however add a couple of washers on each side to space them out to keep them from potentially rubbing on the swingarm.

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=79048

They have worked wonders for me on long rides.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a set of rearset raisers from a guy who makes them and sells them at Kawiforums. They move the rearsets an inch up and an inch back (non-adjustable). They basically come with everything you need, and cost $70 shipped. I did however add a couple of washers on each side to space them out to keep them from potentially rubbing on the swingarm.

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=79048

They have worked wonders for me on long rides.

how easy are they to install, i dont need them to go up higher, id like ones that just moves them back a big because i have long legs. But i think i could live with those

·
Registered
234 Posts
how easy are they to install, i dont need them to go up higher, id like ones that just moves them back a big because i have long legs. But i think i could live with those
Takes 10 minutes. Hardest part was the extension for the shift rod but it's pretty straight forward once you see a nice picture of it like I posted.

Unbolt the old, bolt up the new, don't forget the loctite. And the washers to space them out a bit from the swingarm (those are not included).

For the cost they are great. Why spend $400 or $500 if $70 solves the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts