Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well i'm new to the whole mc world, but very exited.....i got a 05' zx-6r and i was wondering if any of you could please give me some pointers on the first thing's to handling a bike and thing's not to do......also i'm 6'1" and weigh 180. I have a helmet and glove waiting at the dealership where i'm suppose to pick up my bike, what else would i really need to ride in comfort and safety? And one more thing, i hear of this mc rideing school thing, what is it and is there one here is spokane? How much does it cost? Thanks a lot!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
the school you are talking about is called MSF, dont know how much it costs. get a jacket and some boots to go with your gloves and helmet. you should get some leather pants too but its not as urgent.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
For Spokane, you can goto Westside Motorsports off x-276 on the Interstate, you can sign up for the MSF courses there.

There are 2 options - the Novice class is where you use their motorcycle or the Experienced class is where you use your own motorcycle.

Spend the time and the cheap money and do the Novice class, and take from it as much as you can.

The best way to get better is spending time in the seat and just riding as well. Be careful. Wear good gear. Helmet, jacket, and gloves are a must. Next I would say is boots, and pants.

Remember to ride within your limits, never feel like you have to ride at the pace of everyone else. You will get better as time progresses, and you'll be safe doing it as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i would look into a double-bubble windscreen for added elemental protection. the windscreen on that bikeis really low, the Puig aftermarket one would be worth looking into.

a friend on washingtonriders has one on his '04 GSXR600 and says it works better than the other double-bubble he had, i think it was zero-grav or something.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Take the MSF course as it will teach you some vital information on how to ride safe. you should be able to find a school near you by login on to www.cycleschool.com

·
Registered
81 Posts
beansbaxter said:
For Spokane, you can goto Westside Motorsports off x-276 on the Interstate, you can sign up for the MSF courses there.

There are 2 options - the Novice class is where you use their motorcycle or the Experienced class is where you use your own motorcycle.

Spend the time and the cheap money and do the Novice class, and take from it as much as you can.

The best way to get better is spending time in the seat and just riding as well. Be careful. Wear good gear. Helmet, jacket, and gloves are a must. Next I would say is boots, and pants.

Remember to ride within your limits, never feel like you have to ride at the pace of everyone else. You will get better as time progresses, and you'll be safe doing it as well.
Late to the party but...+1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts