Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im new to this forum, and a new owner of a 1989 Ninja ZX6R.
Pretty sure I got a decent deal on this bike. Needs some work but over all, looks pretty dam good for its age. I currently ride SuperMoto, and own a 2007 Suzuki/Yoshimua DR-Z450SM. The problem here is that the guy that I bought the ninja from had taken it apart for several reasons. For one, the gas tank is covered with white flake, so I gotta get a cream kit or somethign for that. I believe he took it apart because it wouldnt start after storage. Says the carbs have recently been rebuilt. Basicly, what I'm looking to do here is test the fuel system with a clean tank. Here are some pictures, could some please help me identify what I need to do with these hoses. Thanks in advance,

Eric

·
Registered
201 Posts
The one in the center picture with the plug in the end hook to the tank as vent hoses. The last picture is the switch to turn the fuel supply on and off. There should be side covers that go between the gas tank and lower fairing so you wont see the carbs and engine. The switch will go into the hole on the side cover of the bike holding it in place.
I think I still have my old manual from when I had my 600 and see what I can find out! :crazyloco

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the help, what about the black hose? i need to hook up a 2L bottle full of gas to test the engine. Is there one hose in particular I need to hook up to? Thanks,

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts