Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am pretty new to working on bikes and I have recently purchased my Two bros. slip-on for my 07'zx6r. Everything seemed to be going well until the point where I had to remove the cables for the Stock Exhaust Servo valve. Can somebody help me understand the procedure to remove it. I was looking for some nuts to loosen the tension in the cables so that I can pop them out from the slots. Am I in the right direction?

Thanks for the help guys!

KK.

Here's a pic of the servo cables that I have to get rid of:

·
Registered
46 Posts
if im not mistaken, you just manually turn the servo motor and slip the cables out of the pully

·
Registered
89 Posts
ahhh i remember this part, this shit was annoying, when i installed my slip on (leo Vince) it came with instructions on how to bypass that without ur f1 light turning on, took me a few tries to get it out, but you should of gotten a little metal piece that you install on your servo motor that annoying clicks when you turn your key, but gets the job done, i'm new to this to....

·
Registered
782 Posts
to turn the fi light off, get a servo eliminator. To get the cables off, either unbolt the pulley from the motor or,

remove the retaining clip from the cables at the motor, there should be enough slack to pull the cable cover back and out of the hole that its in, this will allow you to get the cable out of the pulley or,

remove the shield from the valve on the exhaust, manually turn the valve and this will give enough slack to remove the cable from it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you still have the info on turning the F1 light off? Just installed Leo Vince on my 06 ZX6R 636 and I've got the dreaded red light.
Thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts