Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my first Kawasaki but not my first rodeo with engines or motorcycles in general. However, I'm not an expert by any means. I'm having a fuel air problem I believe and wanted to see if others have experienced the same thing. I bought this old bike from a guy in a trailer park 2 months or so ago and I'm getting into the nitty gritty here. Just rebuilt both carbs, and tore down and cleaned them several times to no avail. The bike starts up runs for 2 seconds then dies. Thought I might not be getting enough fuel to it but not sure. At first when I would introduce fuel to it the carbs would fill and it would overflow onto the ground through the overflow tube. Rebuilt the carbs and it doesn't leak anymore. Now it just wont run but for a couple seconds and will only start with the choke at MAX extension. Now with the choke fully on I put my hands over the suction side of the carbs to regulate the amount of air its getting and it will run a bit longer. I'm not sure what to do. Brand new spark plugs, clean rebuilt carbs, but she wont run for more than 3-5 seconds before dying. Anyone have any pointers? Also is there an air/fuel mixture screw somewhere I can adjust? or any adjustment at all? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts