Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I hope to learn a little bit on here. A little bit of my history. I am 34, married with 2 kids. My hubby rides a harley night train and I have a 98 ninja zx-6R, I love it! I have been riding off and on for 8 yrs, I started with dirtbikes and then bought a ninja 250, just last november I bought the 600. I've always loved sport bikes and I plan on going to a couple of rallies this summer. I'm usually the only sport bike in group rides but everyone is always positive and gives me a lot of encouragement to keep practicing :) I did take the safety course back in 04' and I'm hoping sometime before it gets too cold to take my bike to hallett racing track!

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Welcome, welcome. May we see some bike pics now?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome! I'm from Sw Mizzery too lol good weather for riding thou latly. Bootheel Harley is havin a fun fundraiser next weekend for loudest pipes good cause free food and live music if you guys are close to it

·
Registered
122 Posts
sweet, welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Man, I want one of those things for the commute. Nice bike, and welcome to the freak show.

Hope you stick around. Lots of people sign up, post twice, then never come back. Probably my fault.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah the title said salvaged, but whoever put it back together did a pretty good job. I've had it up to 100mph and it was really solid! I want to customize it, but i have to make sure I can still find parts when i need them, we have a great mechanic too!!

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Welcome to the zxf

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
yeah the title said salvaged, but whoever put it back together did a pretty good job. I've had it up to 100mph and it was really solid! I want to customize it, but i have to make sure I can still find parts when i need them, we have a great mechanic too!!
Salvage title could be as simple as dropped at 25 mph and the plastics cost more than the bike was worth.
That is not a hard feat to accomplish. OEM plastics are hella expensive. I would be looking at over $2500 for mine to go back to OEM - meaning plastic damage on both sides front and rear would total the thing in a heartbeat.

Even if the bike is 100% mechanically sound otherwise. A lot of people take the check, then buy the bike back (if your insurance company allows it), repair it for less and sell the thing. As soon as the insurance company sells it back, its a salvage title.

Then take their profit out for a newer bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts