Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently found and purchased a super clean 1988 Zx10 with 13,000 miles on it. Super excited this bike was the coolest thing on the street when I was kid. Not going to lie the bike scares me a little. Haven’t been able to ride it’s been sitting for about two years so lots of work needed. As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it. There it is the day I brought it home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great, another Tomcat owner on the Forum, this is mine. It is easy to upload pictures from a pc look for the upload image button next to the emoji button and B buttons at the bottom of the post as you are composing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like that colour scheme I don't think it was used on the UK/Europe models.
Still has the original exhaust, big bonus. If the pipes are still in good condition it's certainly worth restoring.
When your changing/re-newing fluids, take off the clutch engine casing and have a good look at the outer clutch plate for signs of damage or wear. The only real weakness of the engine is with the alternator chain tensioner, they can become tired and and begin to make contact with the clutch plate.
Even if there is no sign of damage then it is still worth doing a modification that you can still buy on line and is easy to fit.
This is how mine looked before it went too far, I fitted the mod after I saw this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts