Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought my zx9r last summer and sold my car to get it..i loved that car..! damit..well now i got a bike with a custom paintjob..but i put alot of miles on it...i think there is alot any wayz should i try to sell and get something with lower miles the bike has 34k on it now it still seems to run very strong but when its about 40deg its tough to shift gears!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome out.
Sold your car to get it...!:clap
And from Wisconsin...!:scared
That's guts, Bro!
We'd love to see some pics of your bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i see u live in tx..thats not fair i just got home from arizona today and i love it out there i wish i didnt ahve to come back to heavy snow today and 15degrees! leaving AZ with 78 degrees!! i wanna ride out there! so nice!:banghead
but i get wisconsin wo i wont be able to ride for prolly 2months! maybe month and half! if i am lucky!.. its hard for me to get pics its in the shed alone..i cant fit nething else in the shed!! lol. just my bike.! the car was a 2001 subaru Impresa 2.5 RS..realy done up..! sold for 9000 and bought the bike for 3000.. polished frame rims and a saran wrap black &gray paint job with a smoked out window...super nice! ..

does anyone have trouble keeping the chain tight on there bike?..this is a 98 zx9r ne thing i should know about the bike?..the good the bad the ugly?

·
Registered
53 Posts
No real 'problem' keeping the chain tight, but I think I'm due for a new chain/sprockets this summer if I plan on taking another spin across France. I'm considering a scottoiler for it, but might give it a go on my sv650 (commuter) first, just to see how well I like them.

Otherwise... I've had mine for a couple years now and can tell you:
-- temps <6C (< @42F) and you'll experience "carb icing". Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about; use Silkolene Pro FST to help this, if you ride in colder weather. It doesn't cure the problem, but keeps it the bike from cutting out completely.
-- dunno what mods you've done or have planned, but tiny indicators on the front will require removing all fairings; a tail tidy is a true pain in the hole, but well worth it once you're done. Sounds deadly (even hostile!) w/a blueflame can, and akras work/look/sound nice too. Don't buy new -- ebay is yer man for aftermarket cans.
-- if you value your paint, get crash bungs; if you use a tankbag, either use something not magnetic or use a pad. Baglux have a good system; Spinexx (same manufa?) are very good.
-- if you lose the instrument cluster and/or the tacho goes on/off w/the indicators and other general odd electrical behavior, check the voltage reg/rect. It's easy enough to check, and is easy to replace.
-- it's a great bike for long spins/touring, but not the best for a pillion. It'll carry panniers no bother.

-- don't ride angry, you will spin the rear wheel :) Not the most hectic bike (e.g, not like an R1), but big 'lazy' power can still get you going!

Take it easy out there -- you'll really like the bike if you keep good care of it. Simple to work on, and enough power to really get you in trouble if you let it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got mine at @25K miles. tbh, I think any bike manufa after 1990 should be good for 100K before a major overhaul, as long as it has:

- regular oil changes
- not been raced
- not been wheelied or generally abused.

However... have the valve adjustments checked! I had mine done here at 72K kilometers / 44K miles and I left it a little too long (should've done it at 40K miles), and it meant getting a couple valves replaced. This is not cheap, as you need to yank the motor to get the head off.

So I'd have it done sooner rather than later. It might save you a few quid.

Otherwise, the 9 motor is solid.

·
Registered
304 Posts
well i bought my zx9r last summer and sold my car to get it..i loved that car..! damit..well now i got a bike with a custom paintjob..but i put alot of miles on it...i think there is alot any wayz should i try to sell and get something with lower miles the bike has 34k on it now it still seems to run very strong but when its about 40deg its tough to shift gears!
Welcome!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i realy like the look of the new bikes..i wish i had a newer kawasaki.!i think that i might either keep or sell my to get a new kawa...and does anyone have a vibration when they squeeze the from brake! i get a vibration..? rotors warped? maybe?

i guess i should ahve mentioned how nice olys bike is!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the new kwaks too, mostly bc they're not as angular/pointy as most.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it has been 50deg here in wisconsin the last 3days o i shoveled out a path through the backyard and pushed the bike out of the shed.! i have rode it everyday since..when the suns out!.. its nice..! makes me smile when i crack the throttle!

i love it!:mfclap :lol :crazyloco

1 - 10 of 10 Posts