Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I Blew My Engine Up By Throwing A Rod And Now I Need A New Engine But Dont Know Where To Start Looking Ive Called My Shope To Have Them Look For Me And No Luck If U Could Give Me Some Ideas I Would Really Appreciate It Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got mine from OZ Cycle Salvage in Ottawa Kansas, talk to Craig, and tell him Kevin told you to call number is:785-242-0600. Good luck, it took me almost 5 years, but found a motor with 1429 miles on it!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man i appreciate ill call him and see whats up
how much did you pay for your engine???
your bike looks tight tho
peace ryan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah someone ealse was tellin me that 2 thats from like 91 to 98will fit thanks man for the info
peace ryan

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
just to let you know,any year zx11 motor will fit your bike. the newer the better.
Right on! Any year will fit and this mean 1990 to 2001. 2002~2005 ZZ-R1200 engine also fits, and they do fit better still into a ZX-11C model than in a ZX-11D. But they all are very hard to find (1100 and 1200cc)...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where do u get yourt facts from tho not that i question u its just i have talked to many salvage yards and my bike shop and the electrical from my shot engine wont work on anything over 98 i think zx 11 but i have no idea so im intrested let me know thanks
ryan

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
All ZX-11 engines are interchangeable. I know it because a lot of guys did such a swap. Salvage yards are wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is a 1994, and I bought a complete (minus plastic) 1998 with around 1400 miles on it for $2000.00, but it came with a perfect D&D left side exhaust, and Chrome wheels, which would have cost me around $1000.00. I think I made out OK, but it did take me 5 years to get a deal like that!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah that fuckin bike is nice i love how i just feel liek im inside the bike lol
i just fit in it perfect

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if this works out thanks man my baby will be back on the road
im just always waiting for the bad news
this bike haas been trouble lol so im stoked for it to be in newer condition
again thanks for helping me out with the engine ill let u know whats up with it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts