Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Boys and Girls
If you’re wondering, or interested, about my avatar it’s a characterization of the Anime and movie character Batou from the stories Ghost in the Shell. I’ve liked those stories for a while.

New here because I just purchased a very stock 2002 ZX9RF1 yesterday. Stock OEM is the way I very much prefer my bikes. Sure, it’s fun to personalize your own with “so-called upgrades”, but for me I prefer my bikes unmolested. Kawasaki’s Candy Gold Spark color scheme. Has just over 26K on the clock. PO says they were easy miles. I’m inclined to take his word. He’s an older gentleman who had to sell the ZX because of back issues. He’s owned the ZX9R since it had just over 1K, so I guess that would make me the third owner. PO has a 2014 BMW1200GS now and couldn’t justify having the ZX too. Funny story: The “young” original owner purchased the bike new without his wife’s permission and now you know why it only had just over 1K when the current PO bought it.

Certainly not new to motorcycles. Been riding a loooooot of years on many different bikes. This ZX makes 6 bikes I have now. Not too long ago I purchased a 2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary edition with 7,691 miles that I just couldn’t pass on. My daily rider and work horse is a 2015 Kawasaki KLR650 I purchased new, and I ride a 1989 Honda XL600V TRANSALP a fair amount of the time. I have a 2016 KTM RC390 I purchased new that will get sold very soon. I just don’t ride it enough to have it taking up space in the garage. One of my other bikes is a 1983 Yamaha XV920 Midnight Virago which is a very laid back and cool V-Twin. When growing up I was always an inline four sorta guy i.e., ’82 Yamaha 750 maxim, 1990 Yamaha FZR1000, I raced a 1986 Yamaha FZ750 etc. I own several V-Twin now and was missing the inline four so here I am.

I know you’ve all seen this bike and this color scheme before and probably pretty bored with it, but this is the ZX9R I purchased yesterday. It’s very clean for its age and miles. Since this was the PO’s only bike, he did take very good care of it. I mean it is extremely clean. I’ll replace the windscreen back to OEM and I think I’ll put a new front fender on it since it has a crack in it. Oh, the rack in the back is the Ventura removable luggage rack. Not sure I'm all about that yet, but it may come in handy?

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,594 Posts
Damn, that's a sexy 9

Reactions: KBear

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Gawd I miss my ZX9.... one of the best looking bikes out there.

Welcome to ZXF Bear

Reactions: KBear

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the warm welcomes and the Likes. I'm sure I'll come across things I'll need your help on in the very near future, but for now it's gonna be all about getting to know the machine a little better and putting a few miles on it after I do a good shake down.

For now, keep it all cool and upright, please ride safe! 😎

·
Premium Member
13,224 Posts
Niice 9R. Just returned from a few days riding in your beautiful State.

Phone pics from the saddle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome. I’m a new member also. That bike is in very nice shape. I picked up a rolling project F2 in June. Finally rode it the first time yesterday and put 50 miles on it this morning. The motor is tight.

Im putting a plastic cowl in place of the passenger seat, and there a steel bracket for it that hooks into holes onto another bracket that holds the rider seat in place. It’s now discontinued and I’m trying to make something right now for a substitute. If I could see a picture of it I’d really appreciate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Niice 9R. Just returned from a few days riding in your beautiful State.
Thank you Hammerhead. Yes, Colorado is a beautiful State indeed. I was born here, but I've been to a lot of places and nothing compares to Colorado. I'm very proud to call Colorado home. Now, that said, I really love Santa Fe New Mexico as well. Been there a couple times on motorcycles and plan on going back again here very soon.
Welcome. I’m a new member also. That bike is in very nice shape. I picked up a rolling project F2 in June. Finally rode it the first time yesterday and put 50 miles on it this morning. The motor is tight.

Im putting a plastic cowl in place of the passenger seat, and there a steel bracket for it that hooks into holes onto another bracket that holds the rider seat in place. It’s now discontinued and I’m trying to make something right now for a substitute. If I could see a picture of it I’d really appreciate it.
Sure, let me see what I can do for you. You need pictures of the mounting bracket that's on the seat cowl. Now, there are two pins that you'll need to make remember. They fit into the bracket on the bike.

Yesterday I found another use for that space under the seat cowl. A Burrito stash.

Reactions: 92Ninjas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, there's plenty of room for more than one burrito in that storage area. The steel bracket I'm referring to bolts onto the underside of the cowling. Then it slots into the two holes of another bracket that holds the rider's seat in place. I got my screwdriver in place to help explain.

You hit that burrito with plenty of salsa, right??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You hit that burrito with plenty of salsa, right??
Hot Green Chili my friend! 🥵. I'll try and get some images very soon!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Okay, TerryE1. Sorry it took so long. I did find that bracket on a couple websites. Take a look below at the links I provided. Now, just because they list the items doesn't mean they actually have them. Better give 'em a call first to make sure. The part number as you already know 11052-1887. I was surprised to see that Revzilla has it.
Powersports Kawasaki $21.00
New Haven Powersports $14.42
Revzilla $13.27
Hood Wood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Bumper Gas
White Blue Light Gas Jewellery

Sleeve Material property Bag Saw Wood

Hood Bag Bumper Wood Gas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts