Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd introduce myself. The name's Jack, and last saturday i purchased the 2007 silver 6R. flame on me, call me a squid, bash on me for having such bike as a first bike for an unexperienced rider...whatever. Anyways, i am looking forward to become as knowledgeable as everyone on here.

don't see a point in posting pics since everyone know's what it looks like, and it's all bonestock.

today, firday the 13th. (see my other post..First thread.haha) i am planning on going to the dealer to get my rear seat replaced. The day when i got it, after getting it back from prepping, i noticed one of the corner was ripped and you could see the white plastic under the cover, and i showed it to one of the workers, but i said oh well, thinking that it didn't matter. but it has been bothering me, and it is FUGLY! i haven't had a chance to go back cus of school. do you guys think they will replace one for me at no cost? since they were the one who messed it up, or sold me the bike with a ripped seat.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You should have made them do it before you ever left with the new bike, but hopefully they are a reputable dealer and will help you out. Get some frame sliders installed on that beauty ASAP.... i think there are some no-cut version available that i have seen on other threads. It will save you a million headaches should they ever be needed.:thumbup

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey! Welcome and great pick on the bike:clap

For sure go back there and push your case on the seat thing although, as TMP said, you should have pressed them to replace before taking the bike cuz they can now just say "you must have done that yourself" if they're so inclined.
Speak to whoever runs the place if you have to & get the guy you spoke to at the shop when you noticed it to verify it was like that before you left. Hopefully it works out for you.

Like TMP said - frame sliders for your first mod. Could be your best investment you make. Hopefully, you've already taken a riding course of some kind and make sure you get good gear too if you haven't already - enjoy and take it easy out there!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome. No flames from here! We're all here to support each other and enjoy!

Yep - make them fix the bike - the bike's under warrenty!

+1 on the sliders - hopefully you won't need them - but as luck has it if you don't get them you'll wish you did!!

If you don't have a lot of riding skill yet, look into going through an MSF course - beginner's at a minimum and if you ahve time and money do the intermediate/advanced ones too. Best thing I ever did - and I had experience before going. Other than that - practice slow speed maneuvers whenever you can in a parking lot, etc. and take your time. Nothing says this bike won't be a good first choice - but it does have a ton of power and capability - so respect it, be safe, and enjoy yourself!!!

Just thought i'd introduce myself. The name's Jack, and last saturday i purchased the 2007 silver 6R. flame on me, call me a squid, bash on me for having such bike as a first bike for an unexperienced rider...whatever. Anyways, i am looking forward to become as knowledgeable as everyone on here.

don't see a point in posting pics since everyone know's what it looks like, and it's all bonestock.

today, firday the 13th. (see my other post..First thread.haha) i am planning on going to the dealer to get my rear seat replaced. The day when i got it, after getting it back from prepping, i noticed one of the corner was ripped and you could see the white plastic under the cover, and i showed it to one of the workers, but i said oh well, thinking that it didn't matter. but it has been bothering me, and it is FUGLY! i haven't had a chance to go back cus of school. do you guys think they will replace one for me at no cost? since they were the one who messed it up, or sold me the bike with a ripped seat.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i got my seat replaced. got there told them about the seat, to my surprise they said "OH so you got that silver one, we've been looking all over. we noticed it before you bought it, but after we came back the bike was gone." so when i got there it was the day that they got the seat in, cus while i was out the dealer called my house. so it was all good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
+1 on the frame sliders, even though you may or may not need them it's good to have them 'in case sh!t' happens and it will. It's as the saying goes and yes I am going to repeat it.

"There are riders that have been down and those that will go down."

Anyway, just to prove that they save you tons of grief please see my pictures from my "oops" moment.

Best investment EVER. :king

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k just got my sliders two days ago. i got the bar ends and the ones in the rear, forgot what they are called. (sorry everyone, i'm still trying to remember part names), but i am having trouble getting the nut off of the frame to install the frame sliders. they are a bitch to get off.
can anyone tell me how they got it off?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah i'm having the same problems with the sliders. I got the Shogun Spools (rear ones) and bar ends installed. But i think the governor of California torqued on the engine mounts.. I think i partly stripped the one but where to get help or who to go to would be lots of help if anyone knows a way to get those off!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got the shogun no cuts as well. i wonder if it would cost to go to local car shops to use their torque gun. i think i'll start another post about this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts