Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, well, I have everything pretty much done to the bike that I wanted to do before riding it. I bought it back in February and haven't put any miles on it until today. Last time I rode a ZX11 was about 25 years ago and that was a brief trip and not my bike. Anyway, I still need to get the new tires installed and I think this may be part of the issue but I was surprised at how heavy the steering is. Are they all like that? or is a case of not so great tires and the bike being 100lb+ heavier then any of my other bikes that I ride and not being used to it yet? I'm hoping to get some miles on before the end of the month because I'm planning on a road trip with it. Any input is appreciated. Stay safe

Registered
Yep, its the worn tires. Love new tires, feels like a new bike again. What are you thinking for tires? Or maybe you better not answer that or this will become a tire thread.馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Prepare yourself for the onslaught, it has Metzler Roadtec Z6's on it now. I bought some Dunlop Roadsmart III's for it. I read a lot of reviews and I know of a couple of guys who run them on their bikes (Yamaha FJR) and loved them so I thought I'd give them a try.

Registered
At slow speeds, the ZX11 can be a parking lot tank. It doesnt play well with Fools, so if dont know exaclty where u want to point that thing and move there smartly, then be prepared for the lumbering Ox to show up.

:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That summed that up pretty good. It surprised me turning from one city road onto another from a stop. I was surprised how heavy and how fast the turn (fall) in was on it. At highway speeds and faster the bike feels rock solid. Still cant wait to get the new tires installed and see how much it changes. I do still need to flush/bleed the clutch fluid and hopefully I'll be all set to roll. I've got 3 weeks until I leave on my trip and I'm really hoping to take the 11.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts