Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got an 06 636, im inthe north east and its damn cold. . . .

im looking for some heated grips that fit my zx6r 636 06

im also looking for jacket liners and heated gloves or other things

any ideas ?

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I can provide you self-adhesive heated elements for $35US postal ground shipping included. PM me an e-mail and I'll send you some details.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Claude i emailed you

and i am wearing full thermals, two pairs of socks, and one set of leather gloves with 2nd smaller set under . . some heat would be nice haha

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your an idiot, either that or you live in a warm climate like Florida

i live in NEW JERSEY the high today was 50 deg, i went riding with no problem and loved it . . . the last 2 weeks it was about 35-40 degs during the day . .

and its only gonna get colder, and im only gonna wanna ride more
thanks for the great reply
J Bouchard

·
Registered
81 Posts
Theres a TON of info, including install help at PNWRiders.com
Use the search engine , or PM me there.
Oh, like everyone said ignore the lil bastd.

·
Registered
92 Posts
as far as heated grips go, i wouldn't get em dude, hooking extra sh*t onto you battery is a bad idea, at the shop i work at u hear so many stories about batteries dieing from LED lights, alarm systems, heated grips, any of that add-on crap. get some of those little hot packs and stuff em in your gloves... or deal with a dead battery evertime u go to start ur bike :banghead

·
Registered
990 Posts
The grips only take a small wattage so should not be an issue. The main thing is to wire them only to come on with the ignition i.e. don't connect direct to battery in case you forget to switch off.

If any doubt then trickle charging the battery overnight will keep it sweet.

Alarms & immobilisers are a pita as they continuously drain the battery all the time............

·
Registered
131 Posts
Claude i emailed you

and i am wearing full thermals, two pairs of socks, and one set of leather gloves with 2nd smaller set under . . some heat would be nice haha
Dude, if it's that cold, my only advise to you is pay less attention to how cold you feel, and more attention to the road.....
cold tires + cold road = not so perfect conditions
just my .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts