Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Headlight info. My headlights stopped working, running light operational. Check fuse box on top of tank, all looks good. Bulbs look fine. Anyone have any idea what it might be? I am not much of a motorcycle guru. I like to troubleshoot before I take it to the shop and spent $65.00 a hour. Thank you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check the wiring, maybe there's a short, a cut or maybe if you have aftermarket blinkers they may have some sort of interference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanxx everyone for your help. I have check the headligh bulbs, there are working. Check fuse and high and low beam switch. I am getting juice from the fuse box, but no juice to the lights. I think it time to put it back together and take it to the shop. Just wanted to say Thanxx to everyone who gave there suggestions.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't know what you're riding, but did you check schematics for your bike. Did you check to ensure that there isn't another fuse related to your headlights in the fuse box under the seat?

Hate to see you pay shop rates for something like that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Head Light Relays Part #27002-1086 Located On The Bracket Under The Tack....it Has Two

·
Registered
2 Posts
swoosh is right... I have 1992 zx-7r and it has a headlight relay inside the fuse box. this is what makes your lights come on after you hit the starter. you can always run a separate circut for your lights with a switch. good luck. mine has been giving me tons of problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts