Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my fairings and tried to install my Muzzy system. I dont know understand how I'm supposed to get to the bolts on the inner bolts. It seems like the radiator is in my way, but removing it to install my header seems extreme. What am I doing wrong or not understanding? I am trying to use a 1/4" ratchet and 12mm standard socket. I can get to all the nuts aside form the two in the middle. I was pretty bummed out by this. Can anyone help me here, or post a youtube how to link? (if there is already one)..... I am close to just saying fuck it and paying to have it put on, however I really want to do the work myself. I am having it jetted and dyno tuned next week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So calming down and thinking about it I am thinking maybe I need a swivel for my socket, and maybe loosen my radiator, or remove it. I'd rather not remove it so I dont have to deal with coolant. Any advice would be great. I plan to try this again soon. I really dont want to pay to have this done.

·
6,870 Posts
Remove the four radiator to mount bolts. You do not need to remove the hoses and mess with the coolant. Just push the radiator around to gain access and a good angle. I find a deep socket 12mm with a ratchet works best. A swivel is not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
57x thanks for the advice. I will get a deep socket after work and try it again. I have a lot of tools in storage but it's an hour away. With the cost if gas it's cheaper to just buy a new tool.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to clarify I leave the radiator mount in place and unbolt the radiator itself? I am anxious to get a garage do I can do a lot of work on this bike. There is a lot of dirt and grime behind those fairings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts