Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a bad crash! Still alive though:):crazyloco
Stupid ass blind mo-fo pulled out in front of me from a side street doing a left turn! I wish i could stick a knife in his eyes!
Got away with a broken collar bone and arm, a concussion, various cuts and bruises.
Just wondering if anyone had a concussion and how long did the side effects last????

Remember to wear protective gear at all times. I did!!!! It would have been a lot worse if I didn't!!!

Couple of pics of the injured beastie
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/greenbeastie_2007/cuba555.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/greenbeastie_2007/cuba556.jpg

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Happy to see u made it. Us biker have to be carefull all the time. As for the concussion, had one in highschool(blindside hit by linebacker), will last a day or so, 1 week to completely feel ok. So is ure bike totaled? Who got the ticket? Whats the 411?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy to see u made it. Us biker have to be carefull all the time. As for the concussion, had one in highschool(blindside hit by linebacker), will last a day or so, 1 week to completely feel ok. So is ure bike totaled? Who got the ticket? Whats the 411?
The AHOLE got the ticket for failing to yield, as for the bike: sure looks like she is going to kawabunga heaven. Your concussion only last a week??

Shit man!! I still have headaches and Friday coming up three weeks...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Man, and u JUST modded it. It looks like her face is falling apart. :( Glad to hear your getting better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Now that you look back on it is there anyway you could've avoided it??

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had two confirmed concusions, but I think I've had 3 total (can't remember:headscratch ). Much like madmax I sustained one in high school football. The other confirmed one happened on the track (highsided) in 2001. Unfortunately, concusions are bad news. I still feel the effects of mine. For example I can't ride wooden roller coasters because they are too rough, my head bangs around and I get a severe headache. Nor can I ride any type of ATV because of the jarring of my melon. Once you have a concusion any subsequent concusions will come a lot easier. Muhamed Ali would be a worse case example.

It took me about a month to completely feel normal after the concusion in 01. Dizzy, blurred vision, headaches the list goes on. Everyone is different so take care of your head as it is the only one you have:smile I am not a doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night. These are merely my own personal experiences with head trauma.

Sorry to hear about your crash. I know it hurts!

·
Registered
330 Posts
OMG - that puppy cracked like an egg :scared
Glad your injuries were somewhat minor and +1 for wearing your gear. As you noted, would have been a lot worse wothout it.
Hey & don't let the insurance vultures screw you on any subsequent settlement on your bike either - you deserve a nice prise at the end of it all :mfclap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts