Tire wear
Tire PSI
Suspension settings
Rotors
Wheel out of balance

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey again! we were able to get a spanner wrench on the steering stem, and both nuts were loose... we tightened them up, and I did instantly notice a diff. especially when hitting bumps in the road, I hear less of a 'clunking' noise, BUT, it still feels its worse at 41 mph... from 40-50 there is a lot of 'wobble' coming from the front wheel. my tires are balances, supsension is set for stock right now, I weigh 125, so I know we have to soften it a little, brand new tires... gotta figure out what to do next. I realllllly don't want to have to put a steering damper on it, I had an 01 zx9 which didn't have the damper on it, and it didn't feel anything like this, very very smooth... I'm really thinking if I can figure out the wobble, then I will be fine. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess that when you put your glove you took a more upright position at this time the angle of your helmet changed and the air from the Buble get redirected directly to under your helmet and cause the head shake. In case you would have a double buble a slight movement of your head would varie the angle of the air flow following the curve of the buble.
Already did a search and learned a few reasons but I still would like to hear your thoughts.

Situation: Went for a ride yesterday since it was so nice. I was out all day ( more than 6 hours straight) with no issues. On my way back home I realized my glove was loose, so I quickly adjusted it while riding. So for a few seconds I was riding no hands a lil over 50 mph. Out of no where I got head shake, slight at first but it gets progressivly worse ( really scary).

Any ideas of why this started happening all of a sudden? Bike was fine all day and it goes away as soon as i grip the bars, light grip at that.

Suspension is not set up yet, so the rebound and such should be fine. The front is old, but it has good tread on it. Its been sittng for most of the winter, but I have rotated it regularly.

Ideas? Again the shake seemd to just come out of no-where and it does not happen below 40 mph, and only on decel.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts