Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
front lights worked, stopped for a day then worked again for about a week. now they dont work at all. i read that headlight harness is setup like "l_l" but upside down. middle is ground and either side should be power, one for high and one for low. i decifered that i had a break in the wire (blue with yellow stripe) cause my battery is showing 12.3 key on with motor off. at the bottom of fuse box the input was showing 11.7v but at the front wiring harness clip that kinda lays on bottom of front fairing (3 connectors total) i probed a top voltage of .11v . my next step was to jump the bad wire and see if they work. they didnt turn on. both lights went out at same time so i know its not the bulbs. any ideas???

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Main headlight fuse (glass inline fuse)
Headlight relay
Headlight relay inside junction box

Josh

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can hear the relays kicking and flipping in there. going to check the glass fuse and connections there today. gets a bit too interesting riding at night without them lol jk.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fyi it was the glass fuse. it had melted from a touch of gas from overflow coming down and soaking the plastic and blowing the fuse. problem solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts