Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im here again seeking help with my Gpz. After talking with a few people and this forum. I traced my problem to the starter clutch and the clutch. I fixed the starter clutch. My problem continues with my clutch. I took off the cover to see if clutch was broken but it seems good. (in first gear)I hold my clutch handle down and I can see the plate pop up and release the plates like it should. But even then It still locks up the back tire ... so I decided to take the starter clutch cover back off. I turned the engine with a rachet and it spins the back tired Since the only thing that connects the engine with the trans is the clutch im guessing something on the clutch is bad? Couldn't be the transmission because im able to turn it. Anyone has had a similar pg that way i can roblem. I dont have a socket for the clutch nut until i go into the city to buy one. Please let me know anything that way i can pick up a clutch when im there :D thank you

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Im here again seeking help with my Gpz. After talking with a few people and this forum. I traced my problem to the starter clutch and the clutch. I fixed the starter clutch. My problem continues with my clutch. I took off the cover to see if clutch was broken but it seems good. (in first gear)I hold my clutch handle down and I can see the plate pop up and release the plates like it should. But even then It still locks up the back tire ... so I decided to take the starter clutch cover back off. I turned the engine with a rachet and it spins the back tired Since the only thing that connects the engine with the trans is the clutch im guessing something on the clutch is bad? Couldn't be the transmission because im able to turn it. Anyone has had a similar pg that way i can roblem. I dont have a socket for the clutch nut until i go into the city to buy one. Please let me know anything that way i can pick up a clutch when im there :D thank you

You can buy a cheap chinese socket and grind slots to fit the "special" nut the Japanese put on there to deter us Yanks from working on our own bikes.

I just always used a punch to take it off and on, and NEVER had one come loose....ever...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts