Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Have you adjusted your suspension to suit your riding?

• I did not know you could adjust them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I only have a hundred miles on the bike. I wanted to adjust the shocks, but I'm actually happy with the way they are now.

·
Registered
532 Posts
On both the ZX10R and the ZX6R, I was quite happy with the factory settings up to now (6500km on the 10 and only 1600km on the 6), but find that the 10R's front wheel starts to "Chatter" a little bit as I am getting more relaxed to start pushing it harder through the corners. I intent to start making small adjustments but want to do it systematically by first playing around with tyre pressures before touching the suspension.
I am now running 2.2bar front and rear on the Dunlop Qualifiers and that seem to be very good for hard cornering. The preload seem to be good for my 230lbs chassis(108kg), so I think the next step is to start playing with the Damping and Rebound settings.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had to adjust mine. Picked up an "06 6R Demo at the end of model clearance in Brisbane at the end of last year. Thought it was a bit rugged on my 230km run home. Discovered next day that for some reason they had wound the preload off on the front end. Read the suspension faq and a few others. Near factory settings seem ok as I weight only 71kg with gear on.

gammac

·
Registered
184 Posts
The factory setting seem to meet my needs.
Theres no real twisties here in Indy.
So preload is good it hasn't bottomed out yet.And rebound keeps the tires grounded over bumps continuosly.
Factory settings seem to be close to my style and riding weight,180lbs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I made a slight adjustment from stock to get the setup right for myself. And have a different set-up for when I have my favorite passenger on board. Both are written down in the service manual so I don’t forget and can quickly re adjust as needed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I took my bike to a professional for set up, they said the front was perfect but they played with the rear a little (softened), I took the bike out for a good chew, but the back end of the bike seemed to "wollow" during mid-curve, almost felt like I was hitting a slight cross wind, so I had them put it back to where it was, turns out, I'm the perfect weight for the "stock" set up.....who knew

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've only adjusted the rear suspension setting for cruising with my wife but haven't taken the time to experiment with the front. My bike mechanic (who also races) tweaked the fork settings for me prior to track-day last year and I was more than satisfied with it's performance. Chapter 15 of Lee Parks' book Total Control explains in great detail how to ensure your bike's suspension set up is correctly to maximize your bike's performance potential. I'm sure I'll learn more and gain better confidence in my own adjustments after attending his Advanced Riding Clinic next month in Olympia.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
I made a slight adjustment from stock to get the setup right for myself. And have a different set-up for when I have my favorite passenger on board. Both are written down in the service manual so I don’t forget and can quickly re adjust as needed.
thats a good idea...... I don't remember what mine is set at anymore:headscratch
both front and back have been tweeked :clap a good thing too

·
Registered
368 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts