Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I wanted to post this here too for now so I can get as many reveiws as possible thanks!!! :

Ok guys I currently have a zx-14 were going to use jsut for drag, I am going to be purchasing another bike to be comfortable on and ride and that has decent power and to just take on longer trips and enjoy.

here is what I have to do, I never realized what a hard this would be..lol

theres a new 07 zx-6r (looks and feels great)

new 06 zx-10r

what honestly would you reccomend for what I want. I didnt know if the 1000 will feel as fast as the 14 and such. I want a little tamer to beat on.. Im a race freak and this will tame me too, and be alot more enjoyable

so if I get the 10r will I be on the 14? should I get the 6?

I am going to go by what the opinions are here.. haha

and I am glad I found the forum, not alot of bashing here. Ill post up the 14 and mods later..

thanks..

·
Registered
60 Posts
i would go for the 10 because on lower rpm has more power and thats good in traffic at least for me ,but evrybody got other oppinions

·
Registered
6 Posts
u got to remember the 10 on the track with a guy the same weight on the 14 the 10 is gona be there right beside them. the 10 has alot of power and u worry bout the deal of being fast why would u even worry bout the 6

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry I wanted to post this here too for now so I can get as many reveiws as possible thanks!!! :

Ok guys I currently have a zx-14 were going to use jsut for drag, I am going to be purchasing another bike to be comfortable on and ride and that has decent power and to just take on longer trips and enjoy.

here is what I have to do, I never realized what a hard this would be..lol

theres a new 07 zx-6r (looks and feels great)

new 06 zx-10r

what honestly would you reccomend for what I want. I didnt know if the 1000 will feel as fast as the 14 and such. I want a little tamer to beat on.. Im a race freak and this will tame me too, and be alot more enjoyable

so if I get the 10r will I be on the 14? should I get the 6?

I am going to go by what the opinions are here.. haha

and I am glad I found the forum, not alot of bashing here. Ill post up the 14 and mods later..

thanks..
You could buy my Z1000, it is exactly what you are asking for.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You could buy my Z1000, it is exactly what you are asking for.
+1

Yeah, of the faster bikes, the 14 is the MOST comfortable...get a Z1000

·
Registered
266 Posts
I did 550 miles through Death Valley one day on my ZX-14. Stock seat, and racing rear sets (sato). No problem. No cramps. Nothing. With heli-bars and a Corbin seat this thing would be a fine "hyper-sport" touring bike.

Btw, even with those rear sets I got little/no vibration. The rubber coated fatory pegs are unnecessary on the 14.

I personally traded my 14 for a 10, for track use (I put down regular road riding). At my size (6'3" 275) the 10 would not be fun for long trips, so take that into account.

/.02

·
Registered
18 Posts
Life's a drag!!!!!

According to motorcyclist real data no drivel the 10 has identical e.t. of the 14 in the 1/4. But more mph. As far as feeling faster ,thats going to be the 10.Now as for comfort ,Race replicas are not known for that.But older bikes had higher bars. I'd say look at the zzr's or an old 11 or 12. My old 11 was very comfortable.(KAWBOY).

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd like to get a 14 and use it for the street and the strip. I guess it matters how you mod it out though. My friend has a busa that was originally going to be a street strip bike. However now he modded it so much he can't really street ride it any more. Its got like 1400+ cc's, 13.5 to 1 compression pistons, nitrous, air shift, slipper style drag clutch, stretched long and low, all the best computer stuff, etc etc etc. Problem: Well first, its race gas only. Absolutely no pump gas. They run that VP fuel thats self oxygenating and like almost 30 dollars a gallon. Well that kills your ability to street ride. Can't really go more than 50 or so miles from home. 2nd, he's got the slipper drag clutch. I'm not talking about a slipper like people are talking about that comes on these new bikes to keep the rear from locking up on down shifts. This is a lock-up style clutch but it has the lightest springs in the world in it. This way when he nails it on the line, it slides the clutch, rolls it off the line a little easy without standing up, then locks up to handle all that power (dyno'd it at over 250 HP). Its a great setup for the strip, but only lasts 8-10 passes before the clutch plates are gone. Also, he runs the Mickey Thompson streetbike shootout tire. Its a great, very sticky tire, but it also only goes about 8-10 passes (if your lucky, some people only get 2-4 passes) before its dead. In street riding, you can't even use this clutch. It'll be dead in absolutely no time. The Mickey isn't too good on the street either. It slices easily, picks up everything it rides over, and wears out fast. However, having said all that, I should include its phenomonal stats. I've personally seen the bike make passes at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisonsin. It ran 8.76 in the 1/4 at 168 mph!!! Thats on a so-called "street tire" (even though the Mickey really isn't a very good street tire), and no wheelie bars. Thats damn impressive. So I guess you have to ask yourself how quick/fast do you want to go? If you'd be satisfied with a bike that goes low to mid 9's, you could do it with the 14 and still ride it on the street. However, if you think you need to go into the 8's, you need to make your 14 a strip only bike. So I guess thats your dilemma. My friend with the busa is now looking to buy a street bike. He is very seriously considering getting a ZZR 1200. Very comfortable and tourable, yet still quite powerful. Thats my 2 cents. Personally, I'm building an old 1975 Z1. Its going to have the 1327 cc kit with the "J" model head (kinda flirting with the idea of getting the Vortex head but its $5000 and thats awfully steep for a head) and a Mr. Turbo kit with the F-flow competition compressor (The turbo kit is brand new sitting in my bedroom! Smile!). I've seen similar builds dyno at around 350 HP. I can't wait to put these busa boys in there place with a bike that is over 30 years old. Plus it will be comfortable and the turbo boost can be turned all the way down with the twist of a simple allen screw, allowing it to run on pump gas and go wherever I want. I don't know if this helps any, but it may give you a little to think about.
T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts