Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
wow, your right, looks exactly like it. Yep, Kawi definitly had some Yamaha inspiration making the 07's. 07 still looks 100% cleaner & sexier tho.

·
Registered
165 Posts
but the 07 has soo much shit on it
like im hearin
ticking
ignition problems
n some other stuff
did kawi fuck up on the 07 models?

·
Registered
75 Posts
my bike ticks like a time bomb but its never had any problems it runs like a champ...3700 miles strong squirtin on gixxers every day

·
Registered
45 Posts
but the 07 has soo much shit on it
like im hearin
ticking
ignition problems
n some other stuff
did kawi fuck up on the 07 models?
Amazingly I only hear about that stuff on this forum mainly, but on kawiforums there is barely a mention of it. I think somebody is trying to blow it out of proportion.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Amazingly I only hear about that stuff on this forum mainly, but on kawiforums there is barely a mention of it. I think somebody is trying to blow it out of proportion.
i guess ppl do blow it out of proportion
but the body type n the thing is all kinda redesigned
soo they havnt worked out all the kinks to it

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nobody ever knows what an r7 is when I bring them up, interesting someone did on a kawa forum, anyways, heres a pic for those who aren't "in the know". now you can make your comparisons!

wow you are right! thats funny yo and the purse goes well with the yamy:rotflmao

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh yes, the OW02 - how I wanted one of those but IIRC they were like £16,000 or something and were nearly all snapped up by racers.

I had to make do with the YZF750R instead but it was a late model with a load of the SP goodies fitted as standard so not so bad. Really needed the R7 to play at being Haga though :lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
i guess ppl do blow it out of proportion
but the body type n the thing is all kinda redesigned
soo they havnt worked out all the kinks to it

What do you mean, "the body type"

It's still the standard aluminum twin spar frame, with braced swingarm, inverted forks and inline 4 motor that every other ZX6 (and other supersport) has basically exhibited since they first appeared with the CBR600f1.

If you're talking about the minor amount of problems that seem to have cropped up with the engines... yes, it is a new motor and it is expected that there will be some kinks to work out. But a careful analysis can be linked to just a batch of bad cam buckets and retainers. As opposed to a bad design.

By way of example the Triumph Daytona 675 has gone through 4 major recalls since its inception for everything from an ECU replacement to a relocation of a fuel valve. The R6 has been relatively trouble free compared to some of the other bikes.

In fact, the only time I ever see an ZX6 in the shop is when they come in for a service, or because someone crashed it. As opposed to Triumphs which show up all the time for electrical problems, or other foolishness. Glad I went Jap instead of Brit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What do you mean, "the body type"................ Glad I went Jap instead of Brit.
..and what's wrong with Brit :nana

Seriously though I think by 'the body type' he is refering to the fact that the 07 model is all new from the ground up. Sure it's nothing new technology wise but virtually the whole bike is 'new'. This means that they have devoted time and effort across everything rather than focussing all their attention on solely the engine or chassis. By it's very nature that implies that there is a slightly increased risk of something failing through less overall 'effort' having gone into it - focus as it was divided across many areas.

I'm a test engineer so I accept the fact that having purchased what is effectively a new model there is an increased risk that something on it will fail when compared to an 'upgrade'.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Three years and they haven't sorted out all the kinks in the electrical system. Constant updates, and a steady stream of broke down Daytona's through the shop means I won't be buying one for a looooooong time. That's what's wrong with the Brits ;) Though I suppose you could call that a "heritage" feature. Aren't the old British bikes known for breaking down?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts