Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i lowsided my bike i was looking it over and besides the basic scratches i noticed that when turning the handlebars to the right the ignition button touches the frame. When turning the handlebars to the left it stops before it touches the frame.
::sighs:: any ideas what broke? and how much its gonna cost me..lol
thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
The obvious thing to check is that the actual bar is straight.

Check the steering stops have not been damaged, they are usually on the bottom yoke.

Next is to check to see if the fork legs have twisted in the yokes. The shock of the prang could have made one yoke move around the headstock in relation to the other. Checking by eye first then using string lines/straight edges. It may be a case of slakening off the pinch bolts to bring them back to alignment. You don't say what bike it is but taking the front cowl/fairing will help to sort is out.

If this is not the problem, check the fork legs/stanchions are straight using eye or straight edge.

After all that check the wheel alignment between front & rear wheels. Generally a low speed spill should not cause any major damage but best to check the bike over. How fast were you going?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 mph tops.
i locked the brakes when 3 kids ran infront of me in an alley. i live behind a ELEMENTARY SCHOOl... and they were smoking!! behind my fence..heard me coming and took of running towards they're p.e. teacher.

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
LOL ..................roflmao
sorry, not you, but the situation

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mhm.. i was dumbfonded

although while looking the bike over i did notice that the screw that holds the clip on's to the triple tree (for factory postion) is missing.

It's freezing so im not gonna go out there and diagnoise it now but do they usually come out? or is it all but broken in there lol
it is small screw afterall

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sounds like the clip on has rotated around the fork leg.

At the speed you came off hopefully that is as serious as the damage is gonna be.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I replaced my triple tree by nature. Couple hundred dollars in repairs, its the friggin bar bent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts