Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a hard ride on my 2007 zx6r. Went out with 4 of my good buddies my bike had about 360mil on it. I got in to it a little to much and started to hammer on in. Its at about 600mil now and im going to have the 600mil maintenance done on it today. Im just wounding if i it will fuck up my bike at all. At one point i saw the shift light turn on LOL....Man what a great ride it was. They were rounds i have never been on and man could you fly. It was heaven :crazyloco :crazyloco.

It was my real fist big ride. I think im in love now. There is nothing like bing on the road just fucking ripping and hammering with you boys. Cant wait to get a pipe and a few other toys on her.

Ride hard and have fun :crazyloco :crazyloco

·
Registered
317 Posts
i don't think you will fuck it up. in fact, you're making it a better bike..hehe.

seach on info about break in period around the forum and you'll see why.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do

I mean come on do you know how hard it is not to hammer on this things???Im sure you do :crazyloco :crazyloco

·
Registered
532 Posts
No, I think he meant by "Smashing" - "hammering" it! Yes and they are great to ride hard, especially in the twisties!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
A couple of spirted rides wont hurt anything. I wouldn't keep it in the redline 24/7 though. ->:crazyloco

·
Registered
488 Posts
i hammered my bike this passed weekend and after a while she was running smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ima do the 500mi maintenance on it and i got a lil over 600 mi. hit the twisties bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I "hammered" my bike a little during the initial break-in period last year on my 06...

She's now in the shop getting the "4th piston rod bearing"(??) replaced by the dealer after 9000 miles in under a year. She started knocking and I took her in... mechanic said "she's gettin ready to go..." luckily she's still under warranty. Not trying to jinx you, just my experience.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's great. I am glad that you had fun. But before spending any money on pipes, or other toys get your suspension setup. And sign up for couple of track days. You'll be amazed how much of difference this combination will make on your riding.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I "hammered" my bike a little during the initial break-in period last year on my 06...

She's now in the shop getting the "4th piston rod bearing"(??) replaced by the dealer after 9000 miles in under a year. She started knocking and I took her in... mechanic said "she's gettin ready to go..." luckily she's still under warranty. Not trying to jinx you, just my experience.

uh oh. this goes against that "hard-break-in" that everyones been talking about... is this an anomaly?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i hammerd mine too a lil bia i got like 2000 miles on her now
all these noises scare me though i think its the bike tho......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Paid ummm 11 for the filter, 18 for the oil....so 29 dollars for a 600 miler.................

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yah, I changed my own oil at the 600 mile mark... Its not hard, the filter's pretty easy to get to if you take off the left fairing. I'm with the guys that say run em hard... Not too hard, but a few good rips on the throttle early on and throughout the break in period usually make things run better... Per my experience anyway. Always get the bike to full operating temperature before running it hard tho.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not too hard, but a few good rips on the throttle early on and throughout the break in period usually make things run better... Per my experience anyway. Always get the bike to full operating temperature before running it hard tho.
Yup, don't stray too far from what Kawi tells you to do. They have experienced engineers that know what they're talking about. And no, Runnin a little hard once in a while during break-in is not going to hurt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts